From hippie getaways and biodiverse marine habitat to food and heritage trails, Malaysian islands have it all. It’s time to explore the picturesque islands of Malaysia. Here are several of our favourites.
1. Perhentian Island – white sandy beaches with clear water and flanked by rolling jungle covered hills but the best sights are underwater.
2. Penang – colonial buildings, cultural heritage, mouth-watering street food and durians! The capital, George Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
3. Tioman Island – go-to spot for snorkelling and scuba diving.
4. Mabul Island – a small island with idyllic water villages not far from the famous Sipadan island. One of the world’s best muck-diving sites.
5. Redang Island – part of a Marine Park, with crystal clear water and great diving sites, and many smaller surrounding islands.